by Dave LeVasseur
Last revised 25-Aug-00
- 1/2 lb of Angel Hair pasta (about the amount you can hold in the “O” of when you make your fingers do the “OK” sign)
- Bottle of Peppercorn Ranch, Garlic Ranch or similar dressing
- 16 oz (bottle) of Mezzetta’s California Hot Mix pickled vegetables or equivalent
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Half cup of Mezetta’s pickled sliced peperoncini peppers or equivalent (adjust to taste. Use whole peppers with stems removed instead if desired.)
Directions Cook the Angel Hair pasta according to the package directions. Rinse in cold water when done, place in medium mixing bowl. Reserving the liquid, drain the California mix vegetables. Add vegetables and olives to bowl. Add peperoncini peppers, reserving liquid. Pour about a half-cup of the Ranch Dressing into the bowl. Pour some of the pepperoncini liquid into the Ranch Dressing bottle, leaving about an inch of air space at the top. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake to mix. Pour entire contents of bottle onto the pasta mixture. Add some of the liquid from the pickled vegetables if desired. Fold with large mixing spoon until pasta is well coated with the dressing. Cool in refrigerator for an hour before serving, or for best results, let it marry overnight in the refrigerator and serve cold.